How my blog site got its name
I married "that" guy.
You know the one.
The one you fooled around with to help you get over that other guy who you really thought you were going to marry. You were never supposed to see "that" guy again, let alone go for drinks years later and then end up falling madly in love with him. And then agreeing to spend the rest of your life with him. Strange world we live in. But everything happens for a reason, right? And the reason I met Dave six years ago, unbeknownst to me then, was not for a weekend of fun, but for a lifetime of love, happiness, and french.
Yes, french. The language of love, isn’t it? Or is that italian? Whatever...it’s all foreign to me.
I am an anglophone living in a French province. Voulez vous coucher avec moi really doesn’t get you that far, I’m learning. And if someone says "bonjour", can I say "allo" or "salut" back to them, or is that insulting? And how the hell do you roll your "r"s anyways? Sounds like roll your arse. Or at least it does to the Cape Bretoner in me. A red-headed Cape Bretoner, with a bit of a twang when I talk to my mom on the phone, unable to speak a lick of french, and living in Quebec.
I have to say, though, that where we’re currently living is to die for. It’s a quaint village in the Eastern Townships, a touristy place during the summer and fall months. There are a number of cottages along the lakefront, although to call them cottages is like simply calling a pair of Jimmy Choos "shoes". They are stunning properties, many of them worth millions, with a view of the lake that makes your heart ache for such simplicity and beauty in your own life. I haven’t spent a winter here yet, but I know that if I don’t buy myself a proper pair of winter boots (stiletto heels will not provide much traction in 4 feet of snow), I will be on my ass most of the winter months.
And I don’t ski. Or skate. Or like to toll paint (you should see some of the creations people are making!). So what will I do all winter, I’m wondering. Kewlbox.com, a website of online games, has become my new best friend. Only thing is, I’m too cheap to pay for the upgrade to get my own code, which would allow me to get to the higher levels of the some of the games that I’m mastering. I can tell you when any talk show is on, and can recommend which of the HGTV shows are worthwhile. Speaking of talk shows, Ellen is the best. I am always thinking of different ways to get my letters to her read on air, or to have her call me. Maybe I should challenge her to a dance-off? Don’t bother with The Tony Danza show. He should have just driven off in that taxi years ago.
So, you’re probably wondering how I landed in North Hatley, Quebec.....
You know the one.
The one you fooled around with to help you get over that other guy who you really thought you were going to marry. You were never supposed to see "that" guy again, let alone go for drinks years later and then end up falling madly in love with him. And then agreeing to spend the rest of your life with him. Strange world we live in. But everything happens for a reason, right? And the reason I met Dave six years ago, unbeknownst to me then, was not for a weekend of fun, but for a lifetime of love, happiness, and french.
Yes, french. The language of love, isn’t it? Or is that italian? Whatever...it’s all foreign to me.
I am an anglophone living in a French province. Voulez vous coucher avec moi really doesn’t get you that far, I’m learning. And if someone says "bonjour", can I say "allo" or "salut" back to them, or is that insulting? And how the hell do you roll your "r"s anyways? Sounds like roll your arse. Or at least it does to the Cape Bretoner in me. A red-headed Cape Bretoner, with a bit of a twang when I talk to my mom on the phone, unable to speak a lick of french, and living in Quebec.
I have to say, though, that where we’re currently living is to die for. It’s a quaint village in the Eastern Townships, a touristy place during the summer and fall months. There are a number of cottages along the lakefront, although to call them cottages is like simply calling a pair of Jimmy Choos "shoes". They are stunning properties, many of them worth millions, with a view of the lake that makes your heart ache for such simplicity and beauty in your own life. I haven’t spent a winter here yet, but I know that if I don’t buy myself a proper pair of winter boots (stiletto heels will not provide much traction in 4 feet of snow), I will be on my ass most of the winter months.
And I don’t ski. Or skate. Or like to toll paint (you should see some of the creations people are making!). So what will I do all winter, I’m wondering. Kewlbox.com, a website of online games, has become my new best friend. Only thing is, I’m too cheap to pay for the upgrade to get my own code, which would allow me to get to the higher levels of the some of the games that I’m mastering. I can tell you when any talk show is on, and can recommend which of the HGTV shows are worthwhile. Speaking of talk shows, Ellen is the best. I am always thinking of different ways to get my letters to her read on air, or to have her call me. Maybe I should challenge her to a dance-off? Don’t bother with The Tony Danza show. He should have just driven off in that taxi years ago.
So, you’re probably wondering how I landed in North Hatley, Quebec.....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home